Addressing Jefferson County Court's need for increased space, improved efficiency for all departments, and secure circulation, RicciGreene developed a design strategy for a new addition to the turn-of-the-century Post Office to house County, Family, and Surrogate Courts. Working in close collaboration with the judges, clerks, commissioner of jurors, librarian, legislators and county staff, RicciGreene successfully integrated courthouse technology and security while restoring significant architectural elements throughout the old post office including the elegant 1932 courtroom and various public spaces.
The 30,000 square foot addition created contemporary space for the Family and Surrogate Courts. The adaptive re-use of these buildings promotes downtown's economic vitality; enlivening previously vacant spaces and bringing new purpose to Arsenal Street while restoring a key building in the city's architectural heritage.
Copyright © 2019 RicciGreene Architects, P.C.- All Rights Reserved.