Connecticut Appellate Courthouse
 Back to profile Page    Next Project 
 

Built in 1913 as an insurance-company headquarters, the original neo-classical building had an imposing center hall, originally the secretarial pool, flanked on each side by a row of monumental columns and overlooked by balconies and offices. The adaptive re-use of the Connecticut Appellate Courthouse in Hartford re-establishes the landmark building's dignified presence while expanding its role.
  
The Connecticut Appellate Courthouse was featured in the AIA Justice Facilities Review 2008.