Max Rosenn Federal Courthouse
 Back to profile Page    Next Project 
 

For decades the Post Office has represented the Federal presence in the City of Wilkes-Barre, exemplifying one of many public buildings constructed by the Federal Government in the 1930's across the nation. From the exterior, the building appears essentially the same as it did when first constructed in 1934. Primarily intended for use as the city's Post Office, court facilities were provided on an upper floor. With the relocation of postal functions to a newly constructed facility, this building was adapted for reuse as a US Courthouse. Renovation of this facility allowed the Federal judiciary to continue its key role in downtown Wilkes-Barre.

The Max Rosenn United States Courthouse provides the U. S. Court of Appeals, the U.S. District Court, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the U.S. Bankruptcy Clerk, Judges' Chambers, the U.S. Probation Office and the U.S. Marshal's Service with a variety of newly crafted interiors suitable to each user's needs.